[pmwiki-users] galleria recipes crossbrowser issues (with minigalleria the same problem)

lists at basel-inside.ch lists at basel-inside.ch
Mon Nov 11 12:13:44 CST 2013

Hello

I'm still looking for a solution for my site to display a picture
gallery (as galleria unsually does). May be there is also an other
scriptthan galleria with a similar layout.

Unfortunatly the "galleria" recipe didn't work on my site with MSIE
and I really spent a lot of time of research an tests with this issue
and was very frustrated.
Later I found  "minigalleria", which *worked* for my installation (but
only with pmwiki default skin).

seems to be o.k. works in MSIE 7 und ietester 8
derived from pmwiki skin
1]
http://orientalcarpetstudio.com.jovinus-meta.net/pm/default/Carpet/TestMinigalleriaT02

derived fro "simple" (with sidebar)
layout o.k., but no links for flashes and small pics. Some Times
problems with loading pics.
2]
http://orientalcarpetstudio.com.jovinus-meta.net/pm/default/Carpet/TestMinigalleriaTDft

I'm wondring, what the login difference 1] and 2] usually I need the
same configs. For the demonstration I use a per page configs.

Target skin
doesn't seem to work in MSIE at all
this is derived from 2] but with outer-divition, but layout is nested anyway.
3]
http://orientalcarpetstudio.com.jovinus-meta.net/Carpet/10001

I really hope to find out, what is the major problem so I can fix the
installation for MSIE.

Thank you for any hinds

regards
Patrick Ogay

P.S.
There are a lot of people who have problems with plugins and galleria
(also in wordpress). And other browsers as MSIE always work perfectly.