[pmwiki-users] adding a class to a form

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Nov 11 05:54:48 CST 2013

No, not simply for any attribute and any tag. The (:div:) and (:table:)
markups allow inserting any attributes except onclick and similar.

Other tags are processed differently. While there may be a way to define
and set additional attributes, this in no way would be simple and/or
maintainable.

OTOH some of these frameworks don't have hard-coded reqirements for
attributes. It should be possible to configure them to select tags with a
certain class instead of tags with a certain data-* attribute (easier than
introducing more complexity in pmwiki markup).

Even if it is hardcoded, as you use jQuery, you can write a simple function
that would find these tags based on their class or parent class, and insert
the required attributes in them: $('h4.page').data('role', 'page'); will
insert the data-role="page" attribute in all H4 headings with the class
"page". In wiki markup this is done by

  !!!! Heading  %block page%

This may be a fun learning exercice to which some time could be devoted. :-)

Petko