[pmwiki-users] Install, correct permissions

Mike Brack itsec.listuser at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 16:26:33 CST 2008

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 11:04 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 10:22:39PM +0100, Mike Brack wrote:
> >    Hi all
> >
> >    I run Apache2 with php5 on suse 9.3 - I tried to install pmWiki.
> >
> >    I got very confused as I was able to point with the browser to
> >    ./local/config.php.
> >    I tried since hours to change that accordingly,without any success.
>
> Chances are that your webserver isn't processing .htaccess
> files (which would normally prevent browsers from accessing
> files in local/ ).  This isn't generally a problem, as there's
> normally not anything risky in local/config.php anyway.

I checked the httpd.conf and I found the following entry:
<Directory />
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Directory>

Well, I have the password in config.php -  shall I put them at
Site.AuthUser anyway?

> It's also possible to run PmWiki without any of the script
> files being placed in a web-accessible location -- let me know
> if you're interested in something like that

I would like to stay at the standard distrubution - if there is really no
chance to get it work, then I would like to come back to your offering.

--
Thanks for your help.
Regards,