[pmwiki-users] Install, correct permissions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 8 16:04:22 CST 2008

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 10:22:39PM +0100, Mike Brack wrote:
>    Hi all
>
>    I run Apache2 with php5 on suse 9.3 - I tried to install pmWiki.
>
>    I got very confused as I was able to point with the browser to
>    ./local/config.php.
>    I tried since hours to change that accordingly,without any success.

Chances are that your webserver isn't processing .htaccess
files (which would normally prevent browsers from accessing
files in local/ ).  This isn't generally a problem, as there's
normally not anything risky in local/config.php anyway.

It's also possible to run PmWiki without any of the script
files being placed in a web-accessible location -- let me know
if you're interested in something like that.