[pmwiki-users] Archiving old/obsolete pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Aug 30 15:31:45 CDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 10:08:21PM +0200, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> Btw, are we using the word "archive" here in the same sense as used by
> gmail?  (I think that would be good... why delete when we can archive:-).

I mean "archive" in the sense of "don't show archived pages in searches,
pagelists, and backlinks unless we provide an option that explicitly
asks for them."

Whereas "delete" means "don't show this page any more, even if we
ask for it."  :-)

Hmm, here's a radical thought... we could simply give archived
pages and groups a read password of "archive", which means that the
page doesn't show up in pagelists until the archive password is
entered.  Nah, probably too confusing... :-)