[pmwiki-users] Archiving old/obsolete pages

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 15:08:21 CDT 2006

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> One possibility is to create a special "Archive" group and move obsolete
> pages there -- this group would be invisible to normal searches while
> retaining the page contents and history.

Good.

> Another possibility is to tag existing pages with an "obsolete" marker
> of some sort, so that they're excluded from searches by default.

I'd prefer something like this over moving the page to a separate group.
Perhaps I'd sometime like to list all archived pages in a specific group.

Btw, are we using the word "archive" here in the same sense as used by
gmail?  (I think that would be good... why delete when we can archive:-).

/Christian