[pmwiki-users] Re: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 5, Issue 58

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:29:37 CST 2005

On 11/23/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 07:05:54AM +0100, Han Baas wrote:
> >
> > On 23-nov-2005, at 6:48, pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com wrote:
> >
> > >   [[PageName|+]]  -- displays title
> > >   [[PageName| + ]]  -- displays "+"
> > >
> > >I'll probably do this for beta3.
> >
> > IMHO this would be a bad move: at the moment PmWiki ignores spaces in
> > this mark-up (as it does in other places).
>
> Technically, this markup has only existed in PmWiki for a week
> (and only in beta releases), so it's not like there are a lot of
> sites that will break as a result.

Yes, but the TitledLinks recipe has existed long before that and has
been used extensively on my project - and I immagine a few others.

I would think there would be more people who want the spaces than
don't at this point, so shouldn't those who don't want spaced be the
ones setting some custom markup rule?

--
----
Waylan Limberg