[pmwiki-users] Re: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 5, Issue 58

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Nov 23 13:10:46 CST 2005

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 01:29:37PM -0500, Waylan Limberg wrote:
> Yes, but the TitledLinks recipe has existed long before that and has
> been used extensively on my project - and I immagine a few others.

Fair enough -- I'll reconsider.

> I would think there would be more people who want the spaces than
> don't at this point, so shouldn't those who don't want spaced be the
> ones setting some custom markup rule?

Actually, when introducing a new feature (or adopting a feature)
into the core, I don't think that simply measuring the preferences
of the current population tells the whole story.  I think it's also
important to consider the needs of people who may be adopting
PmWiki or using the feature in the future, and what is likely to
be more beneficial/consistent/useful for them.

At any rate, I'll make a final decision on this in the next beta
release or two.