[pmwiki-users] converting from phpwiki to pmwiki, any suggestions?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Mar 27 17:03:28 CST 2005

On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 05:00:56PM -0500, Philip J. Hollenback wrote:
> My best idea so far is to hack together something in perl to
> automatically convert as much of the markup from my phpwiki pages to
> pmwiki format.  Then I am sure much hand-tweaking will be necessary.
>
> Has anyone else attempted this sort of conversion?  Any tips or
> suggestions would be much appreciated.

I've done it before -- I have a start at converting UseMod pages
(http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ConvertUseMod), but I'm still
having trouble with converting UseMod's subpages.  However, I should
be able to make a converter for PhpWiki without any problem.

As I recall, PhpWiki had (or once had) an "export" option that would
let an admin export the pages to a set of files (for backup/restores
and other purposes) -- if you can get me a copy of whatever PhpWiki
exports I should be able to write a PhpWiki importer fairly quickly.