[pmwiki-users] converting from phpwiki to pmwiki, any suggestions?

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Mon Mar 28 02:09:29 CST 2005

Philip,

I didn't have as many pages as you. What I did was copy each page into
jEdit (http://www.jedit.org) and then use a series of macros to search
and replace phpWiki markup with pmWiki markup.

There were a few pages with complicated tables and numbered lists, which
were simpler to fix by hand.

Doesn't phpWiki allow you to export pages as XHMTL? This should allow
you to get all the raw data easily. I did think of using a Perl script,
but given the time I to wrie and debug it, search and replace was easier.

Ian.