[pmwiki-users] converting from phpwiki to pmwiki, any suggestions?

Philip J. Hollenback philiph at pobox.com
Sun Mar 27 16:00:56 CST 2005

I've been using phpwiki on my website www.hollenback.net for a few
years.  Now I've decided to move to pmwiki, mainly because the phpwiki
development is really falling behind.  There are unfortunately tons of
bugs in phpwiki that are not getting fixed, while at the same time
people are piling on features.

Thus I am left in the difficult situation of moving from one wiki engine
to another.  I probably have about 200 - 300 pages, so this is going to
be a bit of work.

My best idea so far is to hack together something in perl to
automatically convert as much of the markup from my phpwiki pages to
pmwiki format.  Then I am sure much hand-tweaking will be necessary.

Has anyone else attempted this sort of conversion?  Any tips or
suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
P.

--