[Pmwiki-users] layout problem with clear:both in page history

Hans Bracker design
Sun Jan 16 02:35:27 CST 2005

Working on a table-less layout skin and opening a page history was
causing FireFox to drop the history items below a floated left
sidebar, causing an ugly gap. This is due to the clear:both statements
in pagerev.php, as was said here before (Marathon skin problems).
I can see that the clear:both are necessary. I managed to
fix the problem by changing pagerev.php slightly.

The idea came from http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum83/4965.htm
"Problem with clearing floats - FireFox 1.0"

Idea: to use a "floatholder" div around the div which use clear:both.
I used one enclosing <div class='diffbox' > and one
enclosing <div class='diffrestore'>
and added:
   .floatholder { float: left; width: 100%; }
to $HTMLStylesFmt[] array in paragraph below.

I suggest this solution can be made permanent in the pagerev.php code,
to help any layout designs using floats.

--
Best wishes,
 Hans