PageListProtect (was:Re: [pmwiki-users] 2.0.beta23 released)

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Fri Feb 25 09:55:16 CST 2005

At 2005-02-25  01:02 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>Second, I've implemented an $EnablePageListProtect option for the
>(:pagelist:) and (:searchresults:) directives that excludes
>any pages for which the browser doesn't have read authorization.
>This can increase the privacy on read-protected pages and groups,
>by not allowing unauthorized viewers to perform searches or listings
>of those pages.

This is a great feature. Lets me get rid of the custom code. Two minor
problems:

1) No entry for this in sample-config.php
2) You still need custom code to prevent changes to protected pages showing
up in AllRecentChanges. Probably worth a note in sample-config.php

If sample-config.php seems to be getting too big, it might be worthwhile
having two versions:
         sample-typical-config.php
         sample-everything-config.php

Admins could cut-and-paste the bits they need out of the big one.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668