PageListProtect (was:Re: [pmwiki-users] 2.0.beta23 released)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Feb 25 10:22:10 CST 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 10:55:16AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> This is a great feature. Lets me get rid of the custom code. Two minor
> problems:
>
> 1) No entry for this in sample-config.php

I'll add it.

> 2) You still need custom code to prevent changes to protected pages showing
> up in AllRecentChanges. Probably worth a note in sample-config.php

Possibly.  Normally I would expect AllRecentChanges to be disabled
on a per-group basis instead of a site-wide basis, and that would
normally take place in a per-group configuration.  The code is
simply

   unset($RecentChangesFmt['Main.AllRecentChanges']);

> If sample-config.php seems to be getting too big, it might be worthwhile
> having two versions:
>         sample-typical-config.php
>         sample-everything-config.php
> Admins could cut-and-paste the bits they need out of the big one.

Indeed.  But I think I'd rather keep sample-config.php named as-is,
and provide another file (possibly without the .php extension) that
adds a lot of the other commonly used configurations.  At some
point it might make more sense for "sample-everything-config.php"
to simply be a very large wiki page in the PmWiki group, so others
can contribute.