[Pmwiki-users] page revisions: alternative "merged" view?

Nathan Jones nathanj
Tue Dec 16 15:36:00 CST 2003

Fabio wrote:
>was wondering: wouldn't it be useful to have a "restore page" view
>that shows the full state of the last few past pages instead of
>"changed line X from: to:" ?

As Scott said, showing full contents of previous revisions could obscure
the changes that were made. It would also make the Page Revisions page
take up a lot more space.

I've never restored anything in our wiki, but I imagine it just makes the
change immediately. What could be useful is a way to preview how the page
will look after doing a particular restore.

Scratch that - I have now played with revisions and can see that it puts
you in an editing window. What's wrong with clicking Preview to see what
the page will look like after restore? The diff info shown under Page
Revisions should be enough to help you make an educated guess at which
page to go back to. (And if it's not, I doubt a full view is going to
help you that much more.)

--
Nathan Jones