[Pmwiki-users] Nested group permissions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at sci.tamucc.edu
Wed Apr 30 07:05:38 CDT 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Crisses wrote:

> Hello.  I'm just starting to use PmWiki, and it's great. :)  One heck of a
> nice piece of code :)

Thanks!

> I have a complaint.  I want to have a nested group structure...like movie
> ratings, there's a section for G-Rating, PG-13, NC-17 and XXX.

I need some clarification here... you're wanting separate WikiGroups
for G-Rating, PG-13, NC-17, and XXX, and you're wanting the passwords
for the higher groups to be available to the lower groups.

In addition, you're wanting attr passwords to automatically imply
edit/read permissions, and edit passwords to automatically imply read
permissions.

Is this correct?

Is it a requirement that your authors be able to set/change passwords
via the web page, or would it be sufficient to have all of the passwords
set/maintained in local.php by the WikiAdministrator?  If you need authors
to be able to set/change passwords on pages and groups, it gets a bit
tricky but we can probably make it work.  If only the WikiAdministrator
needs the ability to set passwords, it can be done fairly easily in
local.php without any modification to pmwiki.php.

Let me know the answers to the above and I'll give some potential
solutions.  Thanks again!