Front of house:
View along street. Katie's school and Russell Creek park is at
end of street, Rice Middle School is visible in distance.
Views from living room:
View from kitchen:
Doors onto patio:
Living room fireplace:
Other outside views
Patio and backyard (east side of house):
Backyard (northeast corner of lot):
Back of house (looking into bedroom from back yard, north side of house):
Garage and west side of house:
Backyard fence (north side of lot):
Directions to Paula's house
About the house
Paula's rental property for Mom: 3153 Kings Canyon, Plano, TX. This is a zero lot line house. Small yards. Home is 1,555 sq feet. Small, entry level homes are hard to find in my neighborhood, as you have heard me complain.
About the area
- Location, Location, Location!
- Katie's school is 30 yards away.
- Less than 5 minute walk to big park (used primarily for soccer & cricket), a nice playground, a big lake with concrete walking path & a pavilion.
- Plano Family YMCA < 1 mile (located other side of park)
- Fire Station < 1 mile (located other side of park)
- 2 Major shopping centers are 1 block south
(Independence & Legacy) and (Coit and Legacy)
- The premiere area shopping mall, StoneBriar, is 2.5 miles Northwest.
- Most retailers in US are within 8 mile radius, including IKEA, Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot.
- 4 grocery stores (24 hours) in 6 block radius.
- Restaurant row is 2.5 miles Northwest.
- Police station is <1 mile South on Independence.
- Public library is <1 mile South on Independence.
- New Centennial hospital 2 miles North, Presbyterian Hospital of Plano 6 miles SW
- New Children's Hospital of Plano (construction in progress)
- St Elizabeth Catholic Church is 3 miles South on Independence (at Spring Creek). Here is their website: [http://www.setonparish.org/ ] Six of Katie's girl scout friends attend services here.
- Quiet, away from busy roads.
- No apartments in all blocks around our city block.
- Most houses in the area are 3000 to 5000 sq ft.
- New super highway is being constructed 2 miles north of your home. This is the beeline to DFW airport (about 45 minutes away) when you want to visit Paul's family.
- 5 miles from the new Fine Arts center (construction in progress).
- 4 miles to highway access to Addison & Dallas.
- 8 miles to DART train station to Dallas.
- For resale, Skaggs Elementary is a Blue Ribbon school. It hasn't been announced yet which will up home values in my neighborhood which is (bad for taxes but) great for resale value
- Community Center with indoor walking track is on Coit between Spring Creek&Legacy (~2.5 miles SW)
- Senior Center (Plano) (for Senior day trips, dances) 20 minutes SE (near Michael's house)