[pmwiki-users] strange behavior after migration to php 5.4 (and php 5.3 fastcgi)

lists at basel-inside.ch lists at basel-inside.ch
Tue Oct 7 10:39:41 CDT 2014

I made now a "plain" test for upload testing:
from a sub path of document root.
I didn't make a test yet, wether it would work on the top level dir.

is there a problem in recognition of a base path?

structure of Installation
/pm
/pm/applications
/pm-sources/ <=  without farmconfig and minimal config.php

http://carpet-art.ch/pm/pm-sources/index.php?n=Main.HomePage
http://carpet-art.ch/pm/pm-sources/pmwiki.php?n=Main.HomePage (same results)
PHP Version 5.4.32
pmwiki-2.2.65

paths variables: $UploadDir,$UploadDir (seem ok)
--/pm/pm-sources/uploads  (there was an error, but still doesn't work)
--http://carpet-art.ch/pm/pm-sources/uploads
Warning: mkdir(): Permission denied in
/home/httpd/vhosts/carpet-art.ch/httpdocs/pm/pm-sources/pmwiki.php on
line 586
PmWiki can't process your request

PmWiki needs to have a writable /pm/ directory before it can continue.
You can create the directory manually by executing the following
commands on your server:

     mkdir //pm   <---- strange??
     chmod 777 //pm
Then, reload this page.

=> is this a correct hint? I remember to just copy the commands.
     mkdir //pm
     chmod 777 //pm

I for year's I never had problems with attach, when
$UploadDir, $UploadUrlFmt was set correctly.

regards
Patrick Ogay

config.php
*********
<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
## unsually not needed im source installation path
##
## farmconfig renamed, config.php created for minimal config
## attach/upload test

$UpPath    = "/pm/pm-sources";
# activate upload for attach, and deblock
$EnableUpload = 1;
$UploadPermAdd = 0;
$DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('secret');

$UploadDir = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].$UpPath."/uploads";
$UploadUrlFmt = "http://".$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"].$UpPath."/uploads";

echo ("--".$UploadDir."<br/>");
echo ("--".$UploadUrlFmt);

----
I guess I have to make an other test with pmwiki 2.2.0.beta 68
casa-debellis.ch (which runs at the moment php 5.3 but "o.k" "without login")