[pmwiki-users] Making homepage links inoperative until newcomers register first

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Apr 2 11:16:11 CDT 2011

Saturday, April 2, 2011, 4:53:53 PM, Hans wrote:

> Sixth, you may need to use a similar method for any links in the
> SideBar, to hide them from public view.

ok, that was incorrect, sorry!

There is  bigger problem with setting a default read password in
config.php and setting @nopass for read attribute in Main.HomePage:
Main.HomePage will not display an SideBar content, nor any PageHeader
or footer or any of the action menus. It looks a bit stripped.
None of the sub-pages get loaded.

So you might not want to go down that route.
Question is: what other route is there?
I have not investigated this enough.
when a wiki is still under construction I usually keep all pages
fully protected, and use a standard index.html as a landing page,
advising of the work in progress.
But I understand that that is not what you want.

  ~Hans