[pmwiki-users] Pre-announcing 2.2.0 non-beta release

john.rankin at affinity.co.nz john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Jan 21 12:50:11 CST 2009

> John Rankin wrote:
>> I agree almost 100% (and my earlier post raised this very issue).
>> Personally, I'm not a big fan of rating systems as a method of
>> quality control, for reasons that others have given.
> Perhaps, rather than rating, we simply ask "Are you using this cookbook"
> -- that allows an assessment of use. The clear issue here is that people
> are unlikely to cast an 'un-vote' when they stop. Perhaps some form of
> aging will help. Even without aging, at least we'll be able to gauge
> level of usage, which right now is very tough.
>
>   ~ ~ Dave

In a post that crossed with your reply, I propose that people
can become a recipe's Friends, so the recipe summary section
would include a Friends: descriptor. For me "user" carries
the idea of being a passive consumer, whereas "friend"
suggests a more active, participatory role.

But that's just me...

JR