[pmwiki-users] Pre-announcing 2.2.0 non-beta release

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Tue Jan 20 23:02:56 CST 2009

John Rankin wrote:
> I agree almost 100% (and my earlier post raised this very issue).
> Personally, I'm not a big fan of rating systems as a method of
> quality control, for reasons that others have given.
Perhaps, rather than rating, we simply ask "Are you using this cookbook"
-- that allows an assessment of use. The clear issue here is that people
are unlikely to cast an 'un-vote' when they stop. Perhaps some form of
aging will help. Even without aging, at least we'll be able to gauge
level of usage, which right now is very tough.

  ~ ~ Dave