[pmwiki-users] help, I still can't edit my wiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Oct 22 15:18:00 CDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 01:10:20PM -0700, Maria McKinley wrote:
> On 10/22/07, Maria McKinley <parody at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> > I am looking for some troubleshooting hints. My edits are mysteriously
> > failing.
>
> Well, it is definitely not my local/config.php. I moved the pmwiki
> default config file in, getting rid of passwords for editing,
> cleanurls and all of the other stuff I had added in the meantime, and
> still stuff disapears as soon as I try to save it. I don't have any
> error messages in /var/log/apache/error.log. Any place else I can
> look? Does pmwiki have a log file somewhere I can turn on?

I think you've provided this before, but I can't track it down
at the moment...

* Could you provide the url to the site that is having trouble?

* Could you set up a non-password protected page, or a page with
  a password that we could use to test the editing feature?

* Set $EnableDiag=1; in the config.php file... this will allow
  us to do a bit more detailed diagnostics on the site.

(Feel free to send any of this information off-list.)