[pmwiki-users] help, I still can't edit my wiki

Maria McKinley parody at u.washington.edu
Mon Oct 22 15:31:52 CDT 2007

On 10/22/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 01:10:20PM -0700, Maria McKinley wrote:
> > On 10/22/07, Maria McKinley <parody at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> > > I am looking for some troubleshooting hints. My edits are mysteriously
> > > failing.
> >
> > Well, it is definitely not my local/config.php. I moved the pmwiki
> > default config file in, getting rid of passwords for editing,
> > cleanurls and all of the other stuff I had added in the meantime, and
> > still stuff disapears as soon as I try to save it. I don't have any
> > error messages in /var/log/apache/error.log. Any place else I can
> > look? Does pmwiki have a log file somewhere I can turn on?
>
> I think you've provided this before, but I can't track it down
> at the moment...
>
> * Could you provide the url to the site that is having trouble?
>
> * Could you set up a non-password protected page, or a page with
>   a password that we could use to test the editing feature?
>
> * Set $EnableDiag=1; in the config.php file... this will allow
>   us to do a bit more detailed diagnostics on the site.
>
> (Feel free to send any of this information off-list.)
>
> Pm

I have removed password protection from the site (couldn't figure out
how to do it for just one page, and since no one can edit it at the
moment anyway, seemed no big deal!)

http://www.shadlen.org

I did discover that I can create a new page, but nothing that I write
to that page shows up; it is just a blank page. I created this page
for playing with:

http://www.shadlen.org/Test

thanks,
maria