[pmwiki-users] help, I still can't edit my wiki

Maria McKinley parody at u.washington.edu
Mon Oct 22 15:10:20 CDT 2007

On 10/22/07, Maria McKinley <parody at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for some troubleshooting hints. My edits are mysteriously
> failing. I make an edit, it acts like it is saving it, but nothing is
> saved, and my history is full of "saves" where nothing changed. How
> can I see what is happening when I hit the save button? I have looked
> through my config files carefully, and can't find anything wrong, and
> I have tried making all kinds of changes, but to no avail.
> Interestingly, I can edit my personal wiki, which is a wikifarm of the
> main wiki. It is also now using ldap and cleanurls, which I assumed
> were the culprits. It must have something to do with paths. I find it
> difficult to keep track of paths with pmwiki, because there are so
> many places and variables that seem to control it. Appreciate any
> troubleshooting tips anyone can give me.
>
> cheers,
> maria

Well, it is definitely not my local/config.php. I moved the pmwiki
default config file in, getting rid of passwords for editing,
cleanurls and all of the other stuff I had added in the meantime, and
still stuff disapears as soon as I try to save it. I don't have any
error messages in /var/log/apache/error.log. Any place else I can
look? Does pmwiki have a log file somewhere I can turn on?

thanks,
maria