[pmwiki-users] pagelists link= with pages generated externally

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Thu May 10 19:25:09 CDT 2007

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 10:00:40PM +0200, Christophe David wrote:
>
>>     Did you also remove the .pageindex file?
>>
>>   No. That was it.
>>
>>   (A ReindexAll function and/or action would be nice.)
>

> Agreed it would be nice -- unfortunately, it's not the simplest
> thing to implement at the moment.  Doing a re-index currently
> would require loading and re-saving each page, which would
> take a fair amount of time.  Or, we'd need a marker in the
> page files that says "no need to reindex this one"

Can the program delete .pageindex. It would save having to go through
the FTP (or unix or whatever)? Permission could be tied to having
permission to do something equally dangerous. (Not terribly dangerous,
except as a way to slow down the site.)

Then again, is there anything that needs this that doesn't already
require FTP access?

Sandy