[pmwiki-users] pagelists link= with pages generated externally

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu May 10 23:09:54 CDT 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 08:25:09PM -0400, Sandy wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 10:00:40PM +0200, Christophe David wrote:
> >>     Did you also remove the .pageindex file?
> >>
> >>   No. That was it.
> >>   (A ReindexAll function and/or action would be nice.)
> >
> > Agreed it would be nice -- unfortunately, it's not the simplest
> > thing to implement at the moment.  Doing a re-index currently
> > would require loading and re-saving each page, which would
> > take a fair amount of time.
>
> Can the program delete .pageindex.

Oh, I think I might have misread the original.  There are two
steps needed for indexing:  first, the page file needs to
have an appropriate target= value (this normally occurs when
the page is saved); second, the target= values go into the
.pageindex file.

I was thinking that a reindexall action would need to
handle both phases... but if we just want to have the
.pageindex file rebuild, that could probably be done
fairly easily.

Thanks!