[pmwiki-users] Cluster: Cascading-Inherit GroupAttribute Passwords

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Wed Jun 27 00:32:29 CDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 07:19:07PM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> I'm using Cluster. And just getting into access control over groups using
> PMwiki native password system only (no AuthUser)
>
> Doing a little testing to get my feet wet:
>
> I set group attributes for
>
> HTDE.HTDE  (home page and top-matriarch of this cluster)

Do you mean that you set attributes for HTDE.GroupAttributes
or for HTDE.HTDE or something else?

If you set attributes for HTDE.HTDE, then they will affect only that
page, not the whole group.

> and if I quit Firefox and come back in I will be forced to enter
> a password to go to this home page.
>
> But, if I quit fire fox and come back in
>
> I can go directly to:
>
> HTDE-MediaViewer.HTDE-MediaViewer  and I am not required to login
> with the read password.

Does there exist a GroupAttributes page lower down in the hierarchy?
Because that would override the HTDE.GroupAttributes page.

> thus it would appear that the Child groups are not inheriting
> the password entered for the cluster's matriarch group.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Or does this recipe only
> work with AuthUser (which I was avoiding for now)

I don't see why it wouldn't, but I admit I haven't tested it the way
you're using it.

The way the GroupAttribute stuff works with Cluster is that it sets the
$GroupAttributesFmt variable, which tells PmWiki where to look for the
GroupAttributes page.

The only other thing I can think of is if the password-checking is being
done before Cluster is called.

But wiser heads than mine might have more light to shed on the subject.

Kathryn Andersen