[pmwiki-users] neverending registration question

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Jun 7 18:49:51 CDT 2007

On 6/7/07, Marguerite Floyd <mdfloyd at gmail.com> wrote:
> WHERE can I find the recipe or option that displays a registration
> form?  You've been great about showing me how to set passwords and
> display login boxes, but WHERE is the page I can link to that requires
> the user to put in their name???  It's not much use to display a box
> asking for a password when there's no display anywhere asking for a
> user name to begin with.
>
> When you register with sites there's a page where you have to put in
> your name, userid, chosen password, etc.  Where in pmwiki.org can I
> find this page OR if there is no page like that, where's a recipe or
> code to connect up a designed page with the pmwiki system?
>
> Thanks!

I think probably you are looking for

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/HtpasswdForm

PmWiki doesn't do that out of the box. ZAP is also an option. It has
more options, but it's more complicated though. See

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MemberMgmt

for info. Otherwise just use Dfaure's recipe.

Cheers,
Dan