[pmwiki-users] fun with forms

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Apr 19 14:54:56 CDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 02:18:35PM -0500, Jon Haupt wrote:
> On 4/19/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> >Just to sneak peek how my version of forms processing is
> >coming along, take a look at:
>
> That works really well.  I have a comment and a question:
>
> Comment: Somehow, it seems like it'd be nice if it could add a comment
> to RecentChanges, like "edited RecipeInfo" or something.

(:input e_changesummary:) is still available, so one can put

    $[Summary]: (:input e_changesummary:)

to allow someone to enter a comment.  Or one can force a
particular comment with:

    (:input hidden csum "Edited from RecipeInfoForm" :)

> Question: What would be the feasibility of doing something like
> (:include Cookbook.SimpleRating?action=edit&editform=blah:)? that
> would show an edit form inside of a browsed page?

Inside of the browsed page, it can be as simple as:

    (:include Cookbook.RecipeInfoForm:)

See the example I just added to the bottom of

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SimpleRating