[pmwiki-users] fun with forms

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 14:18:35 CDT 2007

On 4/19/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> Just to sneak peek how my version of forms processing is
> coming along, take a look at:
>
>   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SimpleRating?action=edit&editform=Cookbook.RecipeInfoForm
>
> This says that we want to edit the Cookbook.SimpleRating page,
> but we want to use Cookbook.RecipeInfoForm as the edit form
> instead of the standard edit form.
>
> The form really does work -- if you change any of the fields in
> the form and save, then the corresponding fields of the target
> page will change also.
>
> Comments and questions welcomed.
>
> Pm

That works really well.  I have a comment and a question:

Comment: Somehow, it seems like it'd be nice if it could add a comment
to RecentChanges, like "edited RecipeInfo" or something.

Question: What would be the feasibility of doing something like
(:include Cookbook.SimpleRating?action=edit&editform=blah:)? that
would show an edit form inside of a browsed page?

Jon Haupt