[pmwiki-users] fun with forms

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 15:21:04 CDT 2007

On 4/19/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 02:18:35PM -0500, Jon Haupt wrote:
> > On 4/19/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > >Just to sneak peek how my version of forms processing is
> > >coming along, take a look at:
> >
> > That works really well.  I have a comment and a question:
> >
> > Comment: Somehow, it seems like it'd be nice if it could add a comment
> > to RecentChanges, like "edited RecipeInfo" or something.
>
> (:input e_changesummary:) is still available, so one can put
>
>     $[Summary]: (:input e_changesummary:)
>
> to allow someone to enter a comment.  Or one can force a
> particular comment with:
>
>     (:input hidden csum "Edited from RecipeInfoForm" :)
>
> > Question: What would be the feasibility of doing something like
> > (:include Cookbook.SimpleRating?action=edit&editform=blah:)? that
> > would show an edit form inside of a browsed page?
>
> Inside of the browsed page, it can be as simple as:
>
>     (:include Cookbook.RecipeInfoForm:)
>
> See the example I just added to the bottom of
>
>     http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SimpleRating
>
> Pm

Oh wow, excellent!

Well, you're probably way ahead of me and already working on this or
something, but it seems to me this would work out very nicely for the
rating system itself - if, for example, you were able to append
information entered in the form somewhere instead of replacing PTVs.
It might be complex using the -2 ... +2 and commenting system you're
currently developing, but I'll bet with a simple 1-5 star-based rating
system you could just somehow change a PTV to itself + whatever was
posted to the form and then display a rating based on the average of
what's currently there.  Somehow.  Anyway, this would allow you to
rate the content of a page without actually viewing an "edit" page.

Jon