[pmwiki-users] Unanswered posts from last week

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Sep 20 08:55:35 CDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 07:20:40AM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> Below are a few unanswered questions from last week I thought I'd
> re-ask as they seem to have gotten lost in the pile.  Thanks for any
> help anyone can provide.
>
> Group Conditional:
> I have $Conditions['exists'] = "PageExists(\$condparm)"; in my config
> to check if a page exists and would like something similar to see if a
> group exists.

As yet there's not a conditional to check if a group exists.  Of
course, the only way to know if a group exists is to see if there's
a page in that group.

I've been thinking of extending the 'exists' conditional to
accept wildcards, so then one could see if a group exists by doing

    (:if exists Group.*:)

But there hasn't been much demand for it, so PmWikiPhilosophy #3 applies.

> Single Page Attributes:
> Is there any way to tell if there are any page attributes set for a
> given page?

Nope, that doesn't exist yet.  I was thinking about adding variables
for page attributes, but I got sidetracked (and I'm still not sure
how I want these to look).