[pmwiki-users] LDAP - the Never Ending Saga

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Sep 11 15:13:14 CDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 04:03:03PM -0400, Don Johnson wrote:
>    Hi, we just d/l'ed PMWiki, and think it will be a fantastic addition to
>    our toolchest. We are setting up our wiki under Windows, and would like to
>    use our Active Directory database to control access.
>
>    "Technology Services" group members (CN=Technology
>    Services,CN=Users,DC=GCSWV,DC=mygcs,DC=biz) - edit access;

At the moment PmWiki's ldap support doesn't really understand
LDAP groups, or spaces in usernames.  But this is probably something
worth fixing, especially if I have a concrete example to work from.

Is there, perhaps, another attribute that we could use besides
CN to identify people?

(Although I know a lot about LDAP, my knowledge of Active Directory
is very small, so bear with me on this one -- we may have to go
through a few iterations to get everything to work, but it'll be
quite valuable and we can document it well for others who come along
later.)