[pmwiki-users] LDAP - the Never Ending Saga

Don Johnson don.johnson at gcsagents.com
Mon Sep 11 15:03:03 CDT 2006

Hi, we just d/l'ed PMWiki, and think it will be a fantastic addition to our
toolchest. We are setting up our wiki under Windows, and would like to use
our Active Directory database to control access.

I have searched the forum (most notably in the August gzip), and am still
not sure how to make this thing work. What I would like to do is:
"Technology Services" group members (CN=Technology
Services,CN=Users,DC=GCSWV,DC=mygcs,DC=biz) - edit access;
"Information Technology Group" (CN=Information Technology
Group,CN=Users,DC=GCSWV,DC=mygcs,DC=biz) - read access
"Chris Williams" (CN=Chris Williams,CN=Users,DC=GCSWV,DC=mygcs,DC=biz) -
admin access
"Don Johnson" (CN=Don Johnson,CN=Users,DC=GCSWV,DC=mygcs,DC=biz) - admin
access

What I've got so far is :
$AuthUser['ldap'] =
'ldap://MTHOPE.GCSWV.mygcs.biz/cn=Users,dc=GCSWV,dc=mygcs,dc=biz?uid?sub';
    $AuthLDAPBindDN = '$$$$Prod';  # <--Is this the login, or the Common
name ("Production Monitor")
    $AuthLDAPBindPassword = '********';

    include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

But this does not work.we are too newbie to really get this.

Can someone tell me how to code this?

Don Johnson
Technology Services VP
Global Contact Services, LLC