[pmwiki-users] RecentChangesFmt issues

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Thu Oct 26 08:20:01 CDT 2006

A few issues with using $RecentChangesFmt in config.php to alter the
layout of recent changes pages.

The following documentation examples at PmWiki/LayoutVariables seem to
be wrong (for all versions of PmWiki) and may require some revision to
take account of the relative link behavior under the beta versions of
PmWiki:

The format can be specified in your config.php using the following:
$RecentChangesFmt['$SiteGroup.AllRecentChanges'] =
  '* [[$Group.$Name]] . . . $CurrentTime $[by] $AuthorLink:
[=$ChangeSummary=]=][=';
$RecentChangesFmt['$Group.RecentChanges'] =
  '* [[$Group/$Name]] . . . $CurrentTime $[by] $AuthorLink:
[=$ChangeSummary=]=][=';

1. Each entry ends with =]=][='; which seems wrong and causes very
screwed up results.  Removing the extra reversed pair of escapes (=][=)
took care of the screwy results for new changes to other pages (but
subsequent changes to a page that has an entry that was formatted with
the reversed escapes may become appended to the end of the screwed up
entry).  I changed the documentation by removing the reversed pair of
escapes from the end of each line.  Anyone disagree (was I missing
something here)?

2. Does the second example (for
$RecentChangesFmt['$Group.RecentChanges']) need to be revised to work
properly with the relative link behavior under the PmWiki 2.2.0-beta
series?  Right now, with my beta install, changes are tracked at
Site.AllRecentChanges, but the relevant Group.RecentChanges pages have
stopped being updated.  (In fact, my beta install onto an existing site
does not show any changes in Group.RecentChanges pages after August 28,
2006).

Pico

--

        __  /