[pmwiki-users] RecentChangesFmt issues

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Oct 30 15:09:31 CST 2006

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 09:20:01AM -0400, Pico wrote:
> A few issues with using $RecentChangesFmt in config.php to alter the
> layout of recent changes pages.
> 1. Each entry ends with =]=][='; which seems wrong and causes very
> screwed up results.  Removing the extra reversed pair of escapes (=][=)
> took care of the screwy results for new changes to other pages (but
> subsequent changes to a page that has an entry that was formatted with
> the reversed escapes may become appended to the end of the screwed up
> entry).  I changed the documentation by removing the reversed pair of
> escapes from the end of each line.  Anyone disagree (was I missing
> something here)?

Originally the LayoutVariables page did the monospaced text by
using space+[=...=] instead of [@...@] (it was probably written
before [@...@] was available).  However, since it's not possible
to nest [=...=], in order to get the '=]' to display properly
in the output it was necessary to add extra escapes.  I suspect
someone changed the outer [@...@] to [=...=] but didn't catch
that the inner [=...=] needed to be changed also.

At any rate, it looks good to me now, and great catch.

> 2. Does the second example (for
> $RecentChangesFmt['$Group.RecentChanges']) need to be revised to work
> properly with the relative link behavior under the PmWiki 2.2.0-beta
> series?

AFAIK it shouldn't require any changes.  The $Group variable continues
to be associated with the current pagename, which happens to be
the page that is being changed.  (For example, the Group.RecentChanges
pages on pmwiki.org seem to be updating okay.)

Perhaps a local customization is interfering with things somewhere?

Thanks!