[pmwiki-users] (no subject)

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sat Oct 14 18:54:32 CDT 2006

On 10/14/06, Boris Schwarz <boris.schwarz at inode.at> wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to configure authentication in the following way.
>
> Create three groups: Admin, Managment, Staff,
>
> -The admin group will have one user who is allowed to due everything on alle
> pages and wikigroups > For example edit read upload in mgt.hompage,
> main.homepage, whatever.homepage
>
> -The management group will be allowed similar to the admin group to nearly
> do everything except edit whatever.hompage
>
> -The staff group will be able only to read and edit main.homepage. To read
> or edit mgt.hompeage and whatever.hompage is not allowed.
>

> Is this authentication setup possible either with authuser or userauth, from
> what i tried or gathered on infromation with both methods its not clear to
> me that it will work.
>
> Could someone put some light on this for me.
>
> Thank you
>
> Boris Schwarz

Sure, PmWiki will have no problem with this.  Set the Admin and Mgmt
permissions to the actions you want in your config.php page.  Then in
the group or page attributes you want, disable the Mgmt permissions
where you don't want them editing, and enable the Staff permissions
where you do want them editing. Leave everything else alone. You
probably want to go with AuthUser--as it is very stable and fully
integrated into core. It is easily flexible enough to do what you
want.

Just ask if you can't make heads of the instructions in the
documentation on password management at PmWiki.

Cheers,
Caveman