[pmwiki-users] (no subject)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Oct 16 12:28:52 CDT 2006

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 01:16:58AM +0200, Boris Schwarz wrote:
>    Hi, I am trying to configure authentication in the following way.
>
>    Create three groups: Admin, Managment, Staff,

>    -The admin group will have one user who is allowed to due everything on
>    alle pages and wikigroups > For example edit read upload in mgt.hompage,
>    main.homepage, whatever.homepage
>
>    -The management group will be allowed similar to the admin group to nearly
>    do everything except edit whatever.hompage
>
>    -The staff group will be able only to read and edit main.homepage. To read
>    or edit mgt.hompeage and whatever.hompage is not allowed.

Assuming we're using AuthUser, let's call the three authorization groups
@admin, @management, and @staff.

To do item #1, set the following in local/config.php:

    $DefaultPasswords['admin'] = '@admin';

The first line says that anyone in the @admin group can do everything
on all pages.

For item #2, set:

    $DefaultPasswords['read'] = array('@admin', '@management');

This says that the management group is allowed to read and edit
any page.  However, we want to prevent management from editing
whatever.homepage, so use ?action=attr on whatever.homepage to set
an edit password of '@admin' (restricting editing of that page to admins).

For item #3, the $DefaultPasswords['read'] line above already says
that @staff is unable to read or edit any pages (because only @admin
and @management can read or edit).  However, we want @staff to
be able to read and edit main.homepage, so use ?action=attr on
main.homepage to set a read password and edit password of
'@staff @management @admin'.  This says that anyone in the @staff,
@management, or @admin groups may read or edit the page.