[pmwiki-users] ajax-like skins (was: new recipe ShowHide)

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Mar 2 16:36:04 CST 2006

On Friday, 3 March 2006 5:06 AM, Jon Haupt <jhaupt at gmail.com> wrote:
>This idea of show/hide divs using javascript has had me wondering if
>more could be done with ajax-like technology to make a very nice skin.

Funny you should say that. Ever since I added show/hide to the
(:toc:) recipe, I have been itching to add a show/hide link to
the edit screen, so when I press Preview I see the page preview
without having to scroll down, but can get the edit form back
without having to reload the page. This would be a trivial and
IMHO very useful first step to what you have suggested.

And having the edit link as 'show' the edit form and 'hide' the
page would make the whole thing hang together.

Very good!

--
JR