[pmwiki-users] PmWiki slow/Benchmark ?

Pierre-Marie Carette carette.pierre-marie at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jun 18 13:50:49 CDT 2006

thanks for your answer, Petko

but I can't answer to your proposition : i am a newbie in informatic;
They seem useful for protect user of Pmwiki from bad provider ! and
compare them....
but I have this afternoon tried to compare OVH and Ifrance :
the first number for OVH ,  the second for Alleuze and the third is
the ratio

for the old Group.Sidebar (with 6 pagelists)

11,862  /   4,18  =   2,8
12,632 / 3,528 = 3,58
19,518 / 3,516 = 5,55

with (:noleft:) in the page

4,155 / 1,278 = 3,25

with not group.sidebar  in the template :

4,718 / 1,333 = 3,53

I must recognize that my code contains 6 pagelist : so, I modify (the
user must now makes one click more, therefore one page more

NB The adress http://fidelioespoir.org/FidelioEspoir.Intro is the
same but the comparaison  is now different

it's the actual configuration of FidelioEspoir. the ratios  ovh/
IFrance :

6,813 / 2,755 = 2,43  with 2 pages 13,6 sec  to reach the choosen page
6,108 / 2,705 = 2,25  with 2 pages 12,2 sec  to reach the choosen page
10,879 / 2,167 = 5,02 with 2 pages 21,6 sec  to reach the choosen page
13,540 / 2,07 = 6,54 with 2 pages 27 sec  to reach the choosen page

Conclusion :
OVH 90-plan is twice slower minimum than IFrance
Some page must more than 10 seconds : I believe that it's too for a
normal reader/user

I change from 60-Plan to 90-plan to prepare the extension of my site
I pay   1€/3,71€ =  3,71 more for  a service slower  ;-((((
For comparaison the IFrance  cost 5€

I you look the numbers  13, 10, 6 sec it's little difference. But in
term of waiting, I Think that 5 sec is the maximum that the user can
support !

Your explanation is right :  The Plan90 are the most heavily charged
servers
But what do you say to your baker who give you half a bread for twice
the prize ????

Thanks petko for your help, Others are more competent than me to help
you to build this speed test.
But I am very interested to use it for comparaison to look for a nexw
provider !!!