[pmwiki-users] Suggestions.

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun Jun 18 05:55:02 CDT 2006

Stirling Westrup schrieb:
> Most of this data will originally be my-eyes-only.
>
> When I get to the play-testing stage of things, I'll gradually want to
> publish bits and pieces of the data as it gets discovered, thus giving
> the players a record of what they've learned.

Hmm... how about using (:include:) directives?

E.g. if you have a page Private.Foobians, and players detect only the
information in section 3.

You'd then split up Private.Foobians into Private.Foobians-1,
Private.Foobians-2, and Private.Foobians-3, and set up Private.Foobians as
   (:include Private.Foobians-1:)
   (:include Private.Foobians-2:)
   (:include Private.Foobians-3:)
and Public.Foobians as just
   (:include Private.Foobians-2:)

If (:include:) checks read permissions (I hope it does!), you'd probably
have to specifically set public read permission on Private.Foobians-2.

HTH
Jo