[pmwiki-users] Google not always Google?

John W Morris johnwmorris at peak.org
Fri Jun 2 12:06:22 CDT 2006

Thanks for the help on my Google issue.

I found one big difference.  I use a "home page" from Earthlink and they have an internal bar labeled Google.

Doing a simple one word search "evnsong" on that bar turns up a markedly different result from the same word used in the Google tool bar in Firefox.   I sure would have thought they would be the same.   They aren't
The appearance is that Earthlink keeps a local "web" database and "perhaps"  sells, barters, gives? position as it sees fit and does not update it from the master Google very often.

It was the Earthlink one that couldn't find "evnsong".    I deliberately refrained from "site" name to see what the engine itself knew when not told about the site.

MSN, Yahoo, Ask.com and others were much more productive.

Google - time to spend the mega bucks and upgrade the hardware and storage!

John Morris AKA F'jarr Foss
and still www.evnsong.com despite Earthlink! <G>