[pmwiki-users] Totally Perplexed by Farming and Fields...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jan 24 18:24:04 CST 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 02:07:33PM -0500, gdb at soundchasers.com wrote:
> Quoting Hans <design at softflow.co.uk>:
>
> > The answer is No to these questions. I think it is better for you to
> > use Wiki Groups, and customize each group as desired, including
> > special customized SideBars if needed.
>
> Yeah, that's the conclusion that I am coming to.  Between the custom sidebars,
> the <group>.php, customer page headers/footers, etc. I should be able
> to refine
> my vision, and start spec'ing it out a bit more.
>
> Now on to refining things. :)

Just to add my $0.02, I'm pretty sure that using groups is the
way to go here, especially if you want to be able to search across
multiple sections.  This is exactly the sort of thing that groups
were designed to address.  The wikifarm implementation is simply
meant to make it easier to administer multiple mostly-independent
wikis on the same server.