[pmwiki-users] Totally Perplexed by Farming and Fields...

gdb at soundchasers.com gdb at soundchasers.com
Tue Jan 24 13:07:33 CST 2006

Quoting Hans <design at softflow.co.uk>:

First things first:

> If you be more specific in what exactly you want to achieve we may
> come up with more specific help.

Yes, I am admittedly being a bit obscure when describing what I am trying to
accomplish.  This is because I am working more from a vision, and refining my
ideas as I go along.  I haven't done a technical specification / workflow of
how I want things put together.

As refine my vision into a design I will be documenting the things I want, and
getting down to work flow and technical specifications.  At this point, I will
be getting more specific with my questions and goals.

> Manually stitching pages together with multiple (:include :) markups
> seems to be a lot of work.

Yup, that was the major downfall of my first site.  Otherwise, it was a
beautifully built custom system.

> I have this as a working experimental blog on my site here;
> http://softflow.co.uk/Blog/Blog
> and I explained the whole setup there.

Yes, I looked at your site.  Your design for the blog part is
excellent.  I only
saw one or two things I might question, but didn't investigate far enough to
determine if you'd dealt with them.

> The answer is No to these questions. I think it is better for you to
> use Wiki Groups, and customize each group as desired, including
> special customized SideBars if needed.

Yeah, that's the conclusion that I am coming to.  Between the custom sidebars,
the <group>.php, customer page headers/footers, etc. I should be able
to refine
my vision, and start spec'ing it out a bit more.

Now on to refining things. :)

// George