[pmwiki-users] LDAP with BindDN

Nicola Monat-Jacobs nicola at nyu.edu
Thu Dec 21 08:37:07 CST 2006

We recompiled PHP to use the OpenLDAP libraries (as opposed to the
Sun iPlanet ones), and now I get a new, different error:

Warning: ldap_bind() [function.ldap-bind]: Unable to bind to server:
Can't contact LDAP server in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/pmwiki/scripts/
authuser.php on line 145

So, now it is failing at the actual bind step.

My question is: Is anyone on the list actually using LDAP
authentication with pmWiki without doing an anonymous bind?
Does this actually work?

Thanks
Nicola