[pmwiki-users] BlogSimple Maintenance Update

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Dec 12 13:05:02 CST 2006

I just released an update for Blog Simple.
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BlogSimple

demo:  http://softflow.co.uk/design/Blog/Blog

I made a few few small changes to accommodate some new features of
newpageboxplus and commentboxplus.

Well those new features are not so new any more, but had not found
their way to this blog package.

I also removed the commentboxplus.php and newpageboxplus.php files
from the zip, they need to be downloaded separately now.
This will help me to keep it all up-to-date better, as I don't need
to constantly update the blog zip when updating one of the others.

BlogSimple is nearly a year old, and little has changed or needed
changing. Maybe a few whistles could be added with new pagelist
features like pagecounts. But the smooth integration of blog pages,
comment pages, a commentbox for visitors without edit rights, and a
newpagebox to create automatically special archive and category pages,
as well as new blog entry pages, from templates.

commentboxplus has seen a lot of security improvements over the year,
and is much better equipped now to deal with link spammers or wiki
hooligans. I say commentboxplus is the biggest change in the package
overall.

Big thanks to Pm for the pmwiki engine with its incredible pagelist
function, which produces lovely to look at lists using the special fmt
templates!

--
Best regards,
 Hans