[pmwiki-users] LDAP with BindDN

Nicola Monat-Jacobs nicola at nyu.edu
Fri Dec 15 09:07:44 CST 2006

Okay, so now PHP has been complied with LDAP support, but I am
getting PHP error messages:

Warning: ldap_set_option(): supplied argument is not a valid ldap
link resource in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/pmwiki/scripts/
authuser.php on line 144

Warning: ldap_bind() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean
given in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/pmwiki/scripts/authuser.php on
line 145

Warning: ldap_close() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean
given in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/pmwiki/scripts/authuser.php on
line 154

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/pmwiki/scripts/
authuser.php:144) in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on
line 885

Weirder still, it looks like the values from my local/config.php file
are only being detected sporadically. For example, it will pick up
and use my wiki's name, but it won't recognize $PubDirURL as a
variable (even though it is set in that file), and thus the image
doesn't display. Earlier, I was having to restart apache to even get
settings from the config file to be noticed. This could be the reason
that the above errors are happening - the LDAP settings in the config
file aren't being read.

This is very mysterious and I can't figure it out.