[pmwiki-users] New recipe: Fox

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Dec 19 14:42:54 CST 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 08:31:18PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> One thing I discovered with the page history regards
> comment pages which have the latest comment post prepended, put to the
> top:
> In this case the page history grows quite dramatically with each new
> post, as the page content gets shifted downward. Each new post ends up
> having more or less the whole page written again into the history.

Gee, that's odd.  Is the commenting doing more than just inserting
the new text into the page (i.e., is it somehow adjusting or modifying
the existing comments)?

If the recipe is simply inserting text into an existing page,
but leaving the existing text largely intact, then it shouldn't
be any different than someone manually inserting a new section of
text into an existing page (which obviously doesn't rewrite the
entire page into the history).