[pmwiki-users] New recipe: Fox

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Dec 19 14:31:18 CST 2006

One thing I discovered with the page history regards
comment pages which have the latest comment post prepended, put to the
top:
In this case the page history grows quite dramatically with each new
post, as the page content gets shifted downward. Each new post ends up
having more or less the whole page written again into the history.

I wonder if this needs some special measure, as on a forum posts can
run into hundreds, and the page size will get quite big. Perhaps one
needs to set a history limit of ten or twenty entries?
And how can this be done so it affects the right pages?
I think the forum script (i.e. fox.php) would need to handle this.

Hans