[pmwiki-users] Global Header (or footer) in PMWiki - location

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Dec 10 04:19:20 CST 2006

Sunday, December 10, 2006, 6:05:12 AM, Sivakatirswami wrote:

> 1) I have a small zapdata form which I want to appear on every page site
> wide. It acts to display the data that was previously enter on that page or
> is empty if none was entered on that page.

Here is maybe a better way:
Use a new site.AllGroupHeader page, which will be included on top of
any GroupHeader pages, on top of content area.
Define this in config.php:

# add Site.AllGroupHeader page
$GroupHeaderFmt =
  '(:include $SiteGroup.AllGroupHeader:)(:nl:)'
  .'(:include $Group.GroupHeader:)(:nl:)';

Then create Site.AllGroupHeader and add

(:include Main.ToDoEntry:)

Ideally you wan to show Main.ToDoEntry only if your page has no
content, or a  certain content only? You may be able to include
(:include Main.ToDoEntry:) in a conditional on some page content
criteria (which i don't know):

(:if enabled $SomeVariable:)(:include Main.ToDoEntry:)(:if:)

or something along this line.

In any case Site.AllGroupHeader should be easier to set up
than getting Site.RightBar exactly as you like (although you can
define new widths for the rightbar easily from config.php)

Hans